Inventory Unit Detail
2019 STIHL FS 460 C-EM
Professional brushcutter/clearing saw with the STIHL M-Tronic™ system for optimum engine performance at all times.
Superior cutting takes a sharp blade and equally sharp technology. The FS 460 C-EM is the first STIHL brushcutter available featuring the STIHL M-Tronic™ system - an intelligent engine management system designed to deliver optimum engine power at all times. The STIHL M-Tronic™ engine automatically adjusts to changes in elevation, temperature, air filter cleanliness, fuel quality and octane levels, eliminating the need for manual carburetor adjustments. And that's just the beginning. With a 29% increase in engine power over the FS 360 C-E, yet many of the same hardworking features like STIHL Easy2Start™, a fuel-efficient, low exhaust emission engine, vertically pleated paper air filter element for extended service life and a four-point anti-vibration system for improved comfort, the FS 460 C-EM definitely ranks high for superior performance.
- STIHL Easy2Start™: The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products easier. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine's compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start. Available on selected products.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Electronic ignition: Electronic ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Shoulder Strap / Carrying System: Using a shoulder strap or carrying system helps distribute the weight of the equipment for increased operator comfort and improved maneuverability.
- Simplified Starting Procedure: To get started, simply pump the fuel primer, set the choke and pull the starter cord. The built-in stop switch allows the user to turn off the engine with a simple press of the button. When the engine is off, the throttle lock automatically returns to the “start" setting. Your power tool will be ready to be started when you're ready to get back to work.
- High Tech Polymer Housing: Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft: Provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob: Helps prevent damage.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock: Must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- Start/Run/Stop Controls on Handle
- Air Filter Cover: Easily removed for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables: Eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-On-Steel Clutch: Centrifugal clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
- Protected Spark Plug: Protected yet easy to change.
- Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler: Has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- STIHL M-Tronic™ System: The STIHL M-Tronic™ system intelligently manages the operating performance of the engine. Equipment performance can be affected by a dirty air filter, changes in elevation or poor fuel quality. The STIHL M-Tronic™ system compensates for these factors by eliminating the low and high-speed carburetor adjustment screws and electronically monitoring the engine and digitally controlling the fuel/air mixture. This new technology also provides a simplified warm start procedure.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank: Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
- Multi-Function Control Handle: Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator's hand never has to leave the handle.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures the air pressure on the clean side of the air filter and adjusts the metering diaphragm in the carburetor. This keeps the RPM at a consistent level, even when the air filter begins to clog.
- Purge Pump Primer: By pressing the bulb, this small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor, reducing the number of starting pulls needed after an extended break between uses.
- Tool-Free Handle Adjustment: The central wing nut enables easy adjustment without the use of tools. For transportation and space-saving storage, the handle can be rotated 90°.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Bike Handle: When used in conjunction with a harness, the bike handle allows the machine to be easily guided, enabling a smooth horizontal mowing action to cover large areas quickly and efficiently. With soft grips for increased comfort, the bike handle provides greater control and helps reduce operator fatigue.
- Displacement: 45.6 cc (2.8 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 2.2 kW (3.0 bhp)
- Weight*: 8.5 kg (18.7 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 750 cc (25.4 oz.)
- Power Source: Gas
- Engine Type
- 3.0 bhp (2.2 kW)
- 2.8 cu. in. (45.6 cc)
- 18.7 lb. (8.5 kg)