Inventory Unit Detail
2018 BCS America 749 Tractor ONLY (Electric)
Model 749 utilizes three forward and three reverse working speeds and Differential Drive with Lockout for increased maneuverability. The third working speed gives increased production efficiency, especially in mowing applications. As with all PowerSafe models, the 749 does not have a transport speed.
One of the main advantages model 749 has over its little sister, the 739, is individual wheel brakes for increased maneuverability. This feature is extremely useful when operating heavier attachments like the 32" Brush Mower.
The 749 is equipped with a Honda GX390 in recoil or electric start. For a limited time, model 749 will be offered with 5'' x 10'' or 5'' x 12'' wheels.
The 749's PowerSafe clutch differs from standard models by utilizing a hydro-mechanical, “wet" clutch instead of the spring-loaded, double-cone clutch. This clutch is more difficult to overheat because it's in an oil bath and cooled by circulated oil instead of air, as on the standard clutch. It's also better suited for implements requiring higher torque, such as the Flail mower or Chipper/Shredder. The PowerSafe clutch is longer-lasting, backed by a five-year warranty for non-commercial users. It also gives operators smoother shifting, safer operation, and immediate stoppage when the clutch lever is released.
Receive a FREE Quick Hitch with purchase! Get one tractor bushing and one tang for each PTO-driven attachment purchased at the time of the tractor.
Batteries not included for electric start tractors.
- Differential Drive with Lockout
- Two wheel brakes on both handlebars
- PowerSafe clutch for longer life and smoother operation
- Stops power to the implement when the safety lever is released without shutting down the engine
- FREE Quick Hitch set (1 bushing, 1 tang) with purchase!
- Separate control to turn the engine off
- Battery not included for electric start tractors.
- Engine: Honda GX390; Kohler KD440 (Diesel)
- Electric Start Option: Yes
- Weight: 342 pounds (with 30'' tiller)
- Working Speeds: 3 forward, 3 reverse
- Working Wheel Speeds: 0.8, 1.8 and 2.7 MPH
- Transport Wheel Speed: N/A
- Standard Wheel Size: 5'' x 12''
- Transmission: All Gear Drive
- Axle Configuration: Differential Drive with Lockout
- Clutch Type: Hydro-mechanical, "wet"
- Engine Type
- Honda GX390; Kohler KD440 (Diesel)
- 342 pounds (with 30'' tiller)